Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Anniversary Silver Fox

We had another anniversary a couple weeks ago.  It was number 41......I can't hardly wrap my head around that!  Any way around Christmas time, I got an email from AQS with several kits for sale and one caught my eye.  Soldier's Story Quilt

So after the holidays were over I went back and ordered this kit and started washing the fabrics the minutes the box came into the house.  I had it in my mind to have it done by January 23.....our anniversary.  That was less than 3 weeks, but it is cold and terrible outside really.  So it was a nice focus when I couldn't do much else!

I worked on it while the Silver Fox was at work and luckily.....he is tired when he gets home and doesn't pay attention directly to what I am working on.  I didn't use my design wall like I usually do either.

By January 23, I had all the main components and blocks done.....I just needed to put the whole thing together.  I sewed 6-7 hours that day and got the whole top done.  It is wonderful and even looks better in person than I can capture on film.



Notice the blue toile with Civil War figures on it.....wonderful!

6 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

absolutely beautiful!!!

Carolyn

Unknown said...

The top is really cool! Congratulations on celebrating 41 years together...

Ann in PA said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Your anniversary quilt is beautiful.

marian said...

Sheri, WOW it's a beautiful 'anniversary' quilt, I'm sure your silver fox would agree! Happy Anniversary!! cheers... Marian

sandi s said...

What a wonderful gift and so fast. I think your quilt is beautiful!

Louise said...

Beautiful anniversary gift for your husband. It is truly amazing what we can accomplish when we put our minds to it...Happy Anniversary wishing you many happy and healthy years ahead.