Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas To One & All 2014

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!!


I have been working on this Santa for months and that doesn't count the many times over the years I have tried to do this project.  My knitting skills were not there to do the legs and arms with 7 stitches on 3 double pointed needles.  Yikes!!!  I had a friend get me started on one of them, but was able to do the rest of them myself.....not even sure how I was able to do that!

Then his little coat is done with two yarns called fair isle.....that was a first time for that as well.  But all in all, I learned a ton doing this project and he turned out pretty cute!  I need to find some "smalls" to fill his bag!

I have an open trunk with a tray in my living room, which I have set up with a little scene.....some vintage pieces and some new.

I was trying to take some pictures in the AV setting on my camera, where you focus for example on the church and it makes the background blur.  All I can say is epic fail!!!!  The pictures are lovely, just not the effect I was going for.

Quilts, dolls, Santa's & ornaments!

Lots of vintage toys under the tree, most came from my Grandma's.....the train was Jeff's as a boy.

The Nativity was my mother's and the figures are made out of chalk .....the little shed has straw glued on to the roof.  Love the Shiny Brite box in the background!

Toys from my Great-Grandma Rose Weaver....my dad remembers playing with them....

The Santa pop-up book came from Marian Spence's antique shop back in the day.  One of the many things I bought from her.


For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.


No comments: