Saturday, February 17, 2018

Stars Upon Stars Finish

It was a big day on the farm on Monday.....oh you didn't notice?

A little squealing with delight was happening about 4 PM and a small photo shoot with the light dimming in the winter sky.

There was a party of one happening....as I sewed the last stitches on this beast.


This has been going on in the background of my life for the last 18+ months and it was a butt-kicker!!!


But it is a stunner.....not going to lie!  With every block I added to the mother-quilt.....it has been a love affair with the fabrics, the design and the colors!  Trust me the pics don't do it justice!


The block above is probably my least favorite.....but every block has a role to play....it is amazing to see how fabric placement makes every block have a look of it's own.  One block is 12" and is 250 pieces.....now just wrap your mind around that fun factoid!


Here we are in all our glory.....now to figure out how to quilt this!  I will be machine quilting it......it is solid seam allowances on the back and very heavy for no bigger than it is.





I made a 2 part video on Monday as I was finishing it.  The quality is not that great and I should have put the camera above me and showed my and hands and workspace instead of me! Lesson learned! 





2 comments:

Susie Q said...

I watched your first u tube and left it open to watch the second later. WOW what a quilt!!!! Homestead Hearth does not have the pattern at this time and I am not the sort to order from Australia with so many quilt shops here in the USA carrying much of the same.

Very impressed you carried on and worked out the kinks.... you have a beautiful unique piece.

Angelia said...

You finished this on my birthday!!! This is a quilt I dream of taking on, I know it wii about kill me, but it's calling my name!!! Thank you for all the information!!!