Monday, May 16, 2011

Photo Memory Quilt

The last two weeks have been spent working on a memory quilt for our niece's high school graduation.  The first plan was a t-shirt quilt, but bless her heart....my niece could not let go of her t-shirt collection quite yet.  So Aunt Sheri had to come up with Plan B. 
This is the back.....I used my t-shirt from the state BB tournament as a big chuck of the backing....just added some additional fabric to make it large enough.  I included a photo type label on the back, a yellow pocket that I included some newspaper clippings from some of the games and a fabric sleeve across the top to hang it.

          


I wanted to divide the body of the quilt from the border, so added some rick-rack just to define the star points a bit and not have them all run into the border.  The stars and photos I stitched in the ditch with clear monofiliment thread and the outside borders I stitched an easy free motion loop design.

I did a couple layout designs in Electric Quilt before deciding on this one.  I love that program!!!  Especially on this type of project, you don't want any major surprises when you get it part way finished.  I added some machine embroidered titles in each border and her name and that pretty much finished it off.  It was a fun project to work on and thankfully because I was on a short deadline, I had no hiccups printing the photos and lining up the embroidery.....which does not always happen.  :)

I have done several of these photo type projects and I have loved everyone of them that I have done.  I will have to post some of the other pictures another day for some inspiration.

1 comment:

Laura said...

The quilt looks terrific! And your blog link works too. I found you through the info-eq list. :O)