Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Here is wishing you a Happy 4th of July!!!!


I haven't done much sewing this past week.  My mother had some medical issues and we continue to work on our bathroom makeover.  The "Silver Fox" laughs as he measures again for the umpteenth time......he tells me he doesn't get paid by piece work.....I believe it.    We are progressing slowly, but everything that is done looks great.  So slow and steady seems to be working.  So this week I am going to share some sights outside my front door.  We have had such good rains that everything is just lush here in Eastern Iowa.  I also tucked in a nice piece of clip art to share with you.


 Here is the view outside my front window as I sit in my living room and write to you.


I keep my hand garden tools and my knee pad in the old mailbox.
 We built a "civil war" type fence in the background.  The kind that go zig-zag....which I have never understood the concept around that.  But we have piles of wooden fence posts around here and it was a good way to use a bunch of them up. 

Let's just say these are even more breath-taking in person.  I love the lime green buds against the red flowers.....stunning color combination.   These babies are about the size of my hand.



I have tucked in a special piece of patriotic ephemera for you to save. Right click on it to save it to your computer.  I love to collect pieces of paper history....repros and originals.   This would make a wonderful pillow......print this out on fabric and sew it up.

No comments: