Saturday, March 24, 2012

Flower Easter Egg

Want to do a fun little Easter project with a few supplies that you probably already have among your craft supplies?  Pastel felt scraps, pearls, pins, an egg Styrofoam shape, and a small flower shaped die.

 I don't know about you, but it is so much fun to get out a few basic supplies.....with a general idea and see where it goes and how the project develops.  

 I just bought this Sizzix lilac flower die recently, just for the shape and size of these flowers.  I know this is old school, but I have been using these dies lately to cut felt or wool.  It is so much fun and it cuts it so well.  Here I am using up some scrap pieces to get a few more flowers cut out. 

 I just cut up a bunch of these flowers in both sizes....in several different pastel colors that I had in my felt stash.  A couple of them are wool felt, which I love.  I don't have much of that because of the cost.....but it is wonderful to work with and has a more beautiful look to it.  Aren't they sweet?

This is what I ended up with....adding little pearls with pins and a piece of ribbon for the hanger.  I dip the ends of the pins in a little craft glue before inserting them into the Styrofoam to secure them well.  You could leave the ribbon off, if you don't want to hang it.  I think doing one all in the same color-way would be wonderful too.   I included Miss Chicky in the pic too....this is a Mill Hill kit from a couple years ago.  She is a hoot!!!  I often take something like this to work on when we travel.

We are enjoying an unbelievable spring here in the Midwest....so I hope this little project brings some "spring" into your life.  Isn't this Easter postcard wonderful?  ....as always right click on the image and you can save it to your computer.  I just saw a garland made from postcards that are machine sewed to a piece of rick-rack.  It was wonderful, I haven't gotten to that yet.....so many projects, so little time.......

2 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Your right about so many tempting ideas and so little time.

Cute Easter egg project and your vintage postcard is lovely.

Hope you are having a great weekend....the weather has been delightful here too!

:) Carolyn

Kathy said...

I love all the neat things you are making. I also like to sew and crafty and at this time I'm doing a drawing for a Tooth Fairy Pillow I made. Come over and join me:) www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com