Sunday, April 20, 2014

Celebrating Easter


What a special time of celebration with our church family this morning....then we enjoyed part of our family for lunch today.  And it was a beautiful day here in Iowa....80 degrees!  Can you believe it?  So wonderful to have our windows open and the birds are singing today!  


I found this piece of clip art recently, so sweet.  I have been making necklaces with clip art lately.  I used this for one of them.  I buy tiny little frames with slide glass in them at the craft store and I printed out a whole bunch of different pieces of clip art various sizes that I thought would be close to the size I needed, then printed it out on matte photo paper.  Auditioned the clip art and cropped them if I needed to, cut them out and put them in the frames.  Then I also bought ball chain necklaces that went with the finish on the tiny frames.  I also bought some word charms and added them too.  So very cute and inexpensive!  In the boutiques, these necklaces are $25-30.



The Easter buckets all ready for the hunt!


Kirsten all dressed up in her Easter finery, with my dolly bed not quite full of doll quilts, but I am working on that.  


My vintage postcard album, displaying some wonderful vintage Easter postcards!  Both of my grandmothers enjoyed doing ceramics, so I have quite of few of ceramic Easter eggs....such pretty colors!


In the footed candy dish, the red egg on top is hand painted and the marbled eggs below it are from the Amana Colonies.  I made them probably 30+ years ago out of furniture glue and dyes.  Check out the link, if you would like to order them for yourself!  It is a tradition brought from Germany.


All ready for our 16 guests!


A ceramic bunny with a sweet face done by my Grandma Thedens, a little knitted chick done by my Grandma Kullmer and I crossed stitched the eggs in the basket many years ago, still love them!


A dear friend, Karen, just gave me this little bib set and it came folded up in the little embroidered pocket.  So darling!  I have never seen anything like it.  She gave me two of them, the other one is embroidered in orange thread and is just as cute!  The pictures are of my Grandma Thedens as a baby/child.....love the hair bow!


The eight of the fifteen that were able to be with us today!  We ate lots of good food, hunted lots of eggs and ate lots of candy!  Good day all around!  Easter love to those who were with us today and those we were missing.  We love you ALL!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a grand Easter table you set!