Monday, April 14, 2014

Dear Jane D-13 Field of Dreams

I hope you are still progressing with your blocks with or without my prodding.

We some how went over our limit of data with our internet....when to our knowledge we are not doing anything different and have never had an issue in 7 years.  So they slashed our speed to non-existent till we dropped back to 70%, then you had to wait another 48 hours, don't ask me why. So we have been like this for the last 2+ weeks.  I have been driving to any where that has free Wi-Fi and checking my email, etc.  And we are paying $80 a month for this service......grrrrr!  Can you tell I am irritated by this?  Also called the local phone company to beg them to get our fiber optics hooked up, but looks like it will be at least another 6 weeks......at least we are finally back to our normal speed which is nothing to brag about and certainly hardly worth what we are paying.  But that is my tale of woe and why I have not been on line much.

This soon shall pass, right?

Today's block is very easy and also would make a great one for a signature, inking a piece of vintage clip art or adding any other type of information you would like.  I happen to take a workshop with Brenda at the very beginning of my Dear Jane journey and had her sign a piece of fabric.  So included it in this block....adds a nice touch to my quilt, I dare say!  D-13 Tips


I am working down the right side of my quilt, two blocks in and the triangle borders too.  I haven't counted, but I think in about 2 weeks, I should have that section all quilted.

This photo was taken just weeks before his death.
One hundred forty-nine years ago today was the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln.  And if you have any inclination to what happened to Lincoln after his death......check this out, when you have some time!  I watched this when it first aired and could not believe what this documentary was reporting....it is so bizarre, that it is almost comical.  You can't make this stuff up.

No comments: