Sunday, November 13, 2011

Boy Baby Quilt


Enjoyed a baby shower recently for one of my niece's who is expecting her first baby in January.  I have seen similar quilts in the latest quilt magazines, and I always love doing scrap quilts.  This one was a great one to pull out the 2 1/2" strip drawer....yes I said drawer.  I have drawers for strips starting at 1" all the way up to 5" and every 1/4" in between.  Is this a problem that I could share that tidbit of information and it doesn't bother me what anyone thinks about that????  But I digress.....Any hoo..... I  pulled all of the blue and yellow strips that I thought would play well together.


Then I found a basket full of novelty samples, that someone gave me a long time ago and I cut up several of those to add to the mix.  I love to use novelties in all of my quilts.  It is like finding a surprise picture in the piece.


I quilted it with a simple all over loop 't loop.  And to make the binding scrappy.... I used some of the leftover blue strips and pieced them together to do the binding.  I did cut them down to 2" wide instead of 2 1/2".  A very simple, fun piece with a lot of possible color variations to make it your own.  :)

No comments: