Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blog Vacation

Well everyone,

I had no plans to be away this long, but life sort got coo-coo-ka-choo as one of my daughters often says.

Since I last wrote you, we hosted Cousin's Camp 2011 for 14 of the grandkids.

You can see the hats I did for each of them.  They were the bucket style that I bought at the local $ store and then machine embroidered their names on them.  They love all the CC equipment, I usually do hats, bags, name tags or badges and drinking cups of some kind WITH lids.  :)

I had just enough time to do all the laundry, get the lawn mowed and pack.....we left for a 2 1/2 week road trip east to Indiana & Pennsylvania, where we stayed with family, then on to New Jersey where we stay with friends.  We included stops in Somerset Co., PA doing genealogy,

a day hiking Bushkill Falls, 

Gettysburg, Antietam & Harper's Ferry Civil War Sites,


then Philly & Independence Hall, Liberty Bell & the Betsey Ross House.  

On to NJ and side trips to the Cape May and the Jersey shore and another day at Ellis Island and Liberty Island.

We absolutely LOVED everything we saw and did.  It was an American history lover's dream vacation.
I was home just long enough to do some laundry and get in some last minute time with some of the grandkiddos before they started back to school.  Then I headed off to one of my daughter's who was in the process of packing to move to Chattanooga, TN.  I wanted to help her out a bit and spend some time with her and the girls before they left.


So that is what I have been up too and why I have not written lately.  I just changed my house over to fall last week...so hopefully I will get some pictures posted soon.

Good bye summer....Welcome Fall!!!

No comments: