Saturday, October 8, 2011

Grace's Baby Quilt

 In recent weeks I finally got this baby quilt finished up for the newest member of our family.  Born to our nephew and his wife on Thursday of last week.  I had the top done for the baby shower in July....but being gone in August pretty much shot any kind of of timely schedule in getting this done.  Luckily I had a few weeks because the baby just arrived and I really wanted to know her name so I could label it accordingly, which I am planning to get to yet this weekend.
This was a fun and easy scrap quilt to put together.  I saw the idea somewhere..., but the gist of it ....you make a log cabin block with a large center square....maybe 3-4" and add  2-2 1/2" logs around it....making a couple laps around.  Then take you blocks and slice them diagonally and mix them up and sew them back together.  So it looks more complicated than what it is.  I did a swirly-type all over pattern in the machine quilting to finish.

No comments: